View Single Post
Old 09-04-2008, 06:43 PM
kwiktsi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: BJ55 Tuning help needed

ORIGINAL: philip clemmons

ORIGINAL: kwiktsi

ORIGINAL: philip clemmons

Mine runs 42-43 every hit. Its completely stock with a balanced stock prop. Strut is dead flush. I tried as high as 1/8" up with no noticeable change.
Hmm, I'll definitely have to GPS mine, it *looks* slower than that to me, but it is possible it's just the size throwing me off like I said. As for your strut being dead flush- are you talking about flush with the bottom of the sponsons? If so, did you have to open the slot up in the strut to get it down that low? Mine will not go that far down, I'll have to open it up a bit but I do have it as low as it will go with a couple degrees up thrust to it to try to loosen it up on the water a bit.
Joe
Top of strut dead even with mounting bracket (this is the as shipped set up)
Gotcha. I typically set my cats up with the strut flush or just above the bottom of the sponsons. The way it sits in the bracket is kind of unimportant as bracket height can vary from boat to boat. Best to measure from the sponsons- with the boat sitting flat on a table, measure the height of the strut off the table surface. Thanks for the info though, I'll go look at where mine is sitting in the bracket. I know it is as low as it will go though.