RCU Forums - View Single Post - Centering/reversing Digital Servos
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2008, 01:46 AM
flightview

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Centering/reversing Digital Servos

I have a new model on which I have high torque digital servos, one for each surface such as one on each aileron and one on each side of the elevator and two for the rudder. I need to centre the servos as the spline on each is slightly different so the servo arm will not sit exactly centre on each to match up with other servos. I also need to reverse one to operate each side of the elevator. I can adjust control rods but travel distance will vary on the horn. I would prefer to set the servos up correctly so when connected to radio I dont need to mix and reverse.

Do I need to buy an item such as the Hitec HFP-20 Servo Programmer and if I do is this the item to change the servo centre. IE will this item let me reset the centre point which the servo will default to without any trim input. Will it hold this as the centre point. And the same question for reversing the servo. Alternatively, I will need to put in a reversing product and leave on board, or mix from transmitter with separate channels from the reciever.

I would use the programmer to reset the servo to reverse and expect once reset to reverse it will work with the other elevator servo from a Y harness but reversed. If this works as I am thinking then I should be able to program the servos outside the model or reciever and the servo memory will hold the settings and will centre and work as programmed when connected to the reciever.

I have Hitec digital servos and this is my first model this size. Thanks for your advise or experience.

Keep em flying.