RCU Forums - View Single Post - Channel Mixing and General transmitter use
Old 09-10-2008, 12:10 PM
jaka

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Channel Mixing and General transmitter use

Hi!
First of all you must ask yourself this question: Do I need Mixing, Dual-rates and Expo??
I have flown for 33 years and I do rarely use any Expo, mixing or Dual rates.
It's only recently in my Peak models (Aeroworks copy)Yak -54 and in my Nelson LS powered Q-500 pylon racer(Viper) I have used the mixing function in my DX-7 and DX-6i transmitters.
Most of the time I don't use any mixing or Dual-rates at all! So what airplane do you have that needs these functions???

The mixing in the DX-6i is very straight forward. You choose "Mix 1" and push the scroll button to "ACT" (activate). Then you see "Mix 1" on the screen and can choose what servo function to mix with any other servo function.
On my Yak-54 powered by a MVVS 45cc gas engine where I have one JR 8711 servo on each elevator I have mixed the "elevator"with "flap" to have both elevator servos move in unison.
(Rate is 100% on each to have eqcual traveling distance).
I also use " Expo" on the elevators on the Yak-54 and Q-500 racer.
The Q-500 racer (Viper) needs only 4mm up and down total travel, measured at the trailing edge on the elevator, the Yak-54 approx 15-20 degrees throw up and down. And to soften the stick centering I use 30% o the elevator on the Yak-54 and 25% on the Viper.

If you only have a trainer or a small .40 -.90 size low winged plane you certainly don't need any mixing, expo or dual-rates!