RCU Forums - View Single Post - OCM's Truggy
Thread: OCM's Truggy
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2008, 12:40 PM
Poinas2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OCM's Truggy

Because there buying all Caster Parts to put on there stuff LOL!!
Well that's pretty professional don't you think ??

Speaking of OCM Truggy it's well up to par with anything out there. Sadly they put it out a bit unmature but it does not take anything out of it. From my experience it can well be tuned to even make turns around any Caster on the same track and then some if needed. [>:]

If you have one or have access to one you might well grab it as it's a beast. The ones currently out there have had issues with diff.gears (will last when shimmed and maintained propery) and arms (can be replaced with either Mugen, Caster or HN (rear) parts) but you have plenty of options to keep it running incase you have a breakage. When compared to any truggy out there only thing it lacks is BB which on the other hand won't win you any race. But as said already the rig benefits from ones as does any other truggy. I personally run Hobbytech BB which are very good and cheap alternative; around 100USD with complete set of four, springs and mounting HW to fit them to basically any buggy/truggy on the market and you can use them as threaded or clips (both options included). The truggy jumps well, as said turns on a dime if needed and works very good with proper .21 like GO 5pt.

My understanding is that the truggy is not far out as OCM focused to get the Buggy lineup done and now that both the Kaos ARR and RTR are out it's the Truggy next on line. BTW keep an eye on the OCM RTR as it will be a killer for it's price and performance. It's basically a EVO ARR with exact same geometry and tunability. Only some changes on parts like plastic chassis braces (which you use anyway with ARR as well), some toe/kickup plates changed to plastic ones and different looking radioplate. Nothing that effects performance but lowers cost so very nice approach. 9KG servos, Futaba radio, OCM redline/GO engine with OCM redline FEMCA pipe and OCM M1000 tires. This one is REALLY race-ready out of the box !!