RCU Forums - View Single Post - Thunderboats
Thread: Thunderboats
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2008, 04:43 PM
griz11

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Thunderboats

I'm thinking about building a gas thunderboat. I've seen the insane zipp aeromarine are there any others out there? What about a dummy allison engine to cover up the gas engine? I want to do a replica of Miss Bardahl so it needs the exposed motor. Also anyone know a company that makes decal sets for those old boats? After running nitro cars for a number of years the idea of a gas motor and a fairly large gas motor sounds really cheap in the long run. And not really expensive initially either. I could have bought almost 3 of those Zenoah's for what I paid for the last modded engine I had in my top fuel rail. The ones I've seen running are on stock motors and they are plenty fast for an old guy like me to keep up with so no need to get extravagant on the motor. Although I will no doubt play around with it a bit myself. I think there are a few things they will allow you to do. I'll have to wait until after I get back from Phoenix in Nov to get started on it but I should have it finished up by spring. Doesn't really get that cold here in the winter so outside of a few weeks you could run boats year round.

Griz