View Single Post
Old 09-18-2008, 09:30 PM
Senior Member
My Feedback: (1)
bkdavy's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: FrederickMD
Posts: 2,114
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: convert inchs to degrees please help

Assuming you're trying to find inches of control surface movement. Its a simple right triangle. The control surface is the hypotenuse of a right triangle, and you're measuring one angle.

From basic trigonometry, sine of the angle = Length of the opposite side (deflection)/length of the control surface. Therefore, multiply the length of the control surface by the sine of the deflection angle, and you'll get the deflection distance.