RCU Forums - View Single Post - Thunderboats
Thread: Thunderboats
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2008, 10:02 AM
martno1fan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Thunderboats

ORIGINAL: webdr

Im right there with you Mart. 60+ is an incredible number for a stock engine. Theres really not THAT much difference in a Zipp and a GREED or Blazer. I just dont see someone pulling a stock motor from their 50mph Zipp it in a heavier Greed or Blazer and instantly gaining 10mph or more. The bottoms arent really any different and they arent any more aerodynamic...

Im only skeptable 'cause I have thunderboat with a full mod and Ive experienced the tuning and time nessicary to get it to run in the 60s, and it runs with other Sport Hydros competitively.
Please show me a video of a stock Zen thunderboat running over 60...not being smart, Id just love to see it and pick your brain!

Matt
Matt i had no trouble hitting 60 in mine with a full mod ,only joking mate .I totally agree its not easy even with a full mod so heaven knows what work you would need to do to hit 60 with a stock motor never mind 60+ as was claimed [X(].Ive spoken to a few guys who have seen and run against these other types of hydros with a zipp and they all said the zipps were faster,the size of them and lightness compaired to some of those BIG hydros has to play a part.Ive no doubt 70 mph is possible from a zipp with a full mod and some serrious experimenting with props ,pipe length and such.
Mart
ps i see someone has used the zippkits rivett as the bases of a new glass hydro so it must be good