RCU Forums - View Single Post - Do torsen diffs really make a diff(erence) ?
Old 06-06-2003, 01:16 PM
kyokai2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do torsen diffs really make a diff(erence) ?

If you got 4 working torsens for 270 then thats a good deal, the way you made it sound is you paid 200$per diff. For the price of 1 torsen I could have 6 to 8 factory diffs with different weight fluids to get the diff action I need or desire and the amount of traction. I have run a few Hyper 7's with the torsens and didnt notice any traction improvments at all over my K2, I actually thought it had worse traction and pushed more in the corners especially coming off throttle. I would like to see you get your backup buggy with the standard diffs and compare it to your race buggy with the torsens and do a comparison, run the same track with an equal setup. If your lap times are faster with the torsens I will be very surprised, more than likely they will be slower! Why do you think Mugen and Kyosho dont use them on their high end factory buggies like the K2 or the XR or the MBX5? It could be that they dont want to make money for selling someone else's product but if they were that much better they would use them. My K2 comes with LSD diffs and I really like them although most people I know that run the 7.5 take them out in favor of the stock diffs, not torsens. Can you explain this? I am a firm believer in the saying "you get what you pay for" but with the torsens I dont believe for a weekend racer this is the case. Like I said, if you like them and feel they can make you faster COOL!