RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hirobo SRB Quark Forum: Photos Q&A
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2008, 10:11 PM
HeliYogi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hirobo SRB Quark Forum: Photos Q&A

The brotherhood of the Quark it is!

Ok, here is my flying review. I logged around 100+ Hrs on the Quark (got the first one almost two months before it was sold in the US).

This is the first non coaxial heli that I flown (and that actually flew) my first bird was the Hirobo Shuttle XRB which is a basically a flying marvel-tank. I still have it and most likely I have replaced 80% of the original parts including one of the main masts and a motor which actually MRC did it at no cost! So now to the point:

1. MRC Hirobo’s USA distributor (http://www.modelrectifier.com) first class pout-purchase service. Thanks Daniel!

This is what has happened mechanically with the Quark, buy the way I crash more than not!

2. Regarding blade laminating: I have to say (contradicting myself forn the first poust) that laminating the blades has a different effect in the SRB than in the XRB.

A) The main configuration gets affected by the laminating, as the blades become heavier it changes the RPM, also this is very clear as you have to readjust the tracking when using laminated blades.
For me it actually fly’s better without the lamination (turns, response, all around) and of course after a good crash I have experience more part damage when using laminated than with the non laminated blades. Especially on the main gear which I had to replace twice.

However using only non laminated blades brings my cost up $$$ as I can’t reduce my crash quota. I ruin a pair of blades (non laminated) at least every 3 flights (laminated I can get 12+ flights’)

Solution? Do both! When I’m flying out of the balcony (which is in the 15th floor ) I use non laminated and WOW it’s FAST . When inside the house (and the challenge is to land on top of the TV set and go pirouette underneath the table [:-], I go laminated.

…. to be continued