RCU Forums - View Single Post - Here's A Simple & FREE First Foam Build Plan! (Part 2)
Old 10-02-2008, 12:37 PM
critterhunter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Here's A Simple & FREE First Foam Build Plan! (Part 2)

ORIGINAL: Fisher

calvio,

Like Saucerguy notes, there is no reason to worry about your prop hitting the ground on landing with the SO. The only props I have broken were trashed when I hit the ground with power on. Using the SO as an AP platform is a perfect match. This plane will fly very slowly and you can handle plenty of extra weight and drag. The Aiptek 5 in 1 camera works great and the FlycamOne 2 would work great as well.

I have built the SO with both one and two aileron setups. The single aileron works just fine. Using two may give you better control in very slow high alpha flying but it is marginal. No matter what you do with the ailerons you will not get a very fast roll rate out of this plane but it loops like no tomorrow.

Do you have a pic of your F-22 to post. Or a link to a thread?

Cheers,
Could not agree more than the plane would be great for AP and that is can handle a lot of extra weight. Heck, a few of my builds were 27 to 31 ounces or so and still flew well. The large control surfaces, like you said, also help it to handle well at very slow speeds. I increase my elevator/aileron sizes and on one aileron it will roll pretty darn good. In fact, right now I think my last single aileron So rolled better than my current dual aierlon So, but that is probably due to my v-stabs being bigger on this latest build which fight your roll.