RCU Forums - View Single Post - What does the labels on car's mean?
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2008, 01:39 PM
Yellow355F1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What does the labels on car's mean?

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

I've got a soft spot in my heart for the 60* GM V6...in my automotive world, it's powered everything from an Isuzu Trooper (factory TBI engine) to a base model, 3.1L 5 speed Corsica (figure that one out...original owner must've been out of their mind) to my '96 Grand Prix.

I want a Fiero. A guy I know up north of here (don't really know him know him, he's more of an acquaintance, and the first meeting was not under such great circumstances) has a 3.4L turbocharged DOHC Fiero (talk about packed in there) and a 3.8L SC Series II Fiero. Both are sweeeeeeeet. He says the 3.8SC Fiero gets 35+ mpg!

That being said, I'd go bonkers for an '86 GT, or an '87-88 Formula
Yes in the Fiero circle the 88's are the best. I owned an 88 Formula a few years back there were major differences in handling between it and my 86. Seems as if they got it right just as they pulled the plug on the little car... I have seen the 90 prototype and the car would have out sold the original 10 fold it was to come stock with a 3.2 twin dual cam or a 2.3 Quad 4 HO. The final era Firebirds and TA's got there dash design from the 90 prototype along with a few more close resemblances through the earlier years were added to the F body lineup. Yes the 60* is a very good engine it holds true as even as late as 95 that engine was still commonly used. The cast iron block came from 2.8-3.4L same on the ohv aluminum versions as well. My White 86 has a 3.4 out of a 94 Camaro it is a direct bolt up only have to tap the block to change the starters position. The 3.4 IS a direct replacement for the 2.8. as you can buy one use all of your intake parts and valve covers from the old 2.8 so it means no need to do a bunch of wiring for the engine management components. It would take all day to tell of all the different combinations of engines that have been tightly packed into a Fiero I can say this there is almost no GM engine that hasn't been tried up to and including a 502 cid. As for my V8 project it will be a small caddy engine A PFI 4.9/300 cid not a huge HP maker but you know it is there.

It is nice to know not everyone is negative about the cars..... You have no idea what kind of crap I have to hear because I own and love to drive them you wouldn't believe some of the myths these idiots come up with about them. I think I have heard it all.