RCU Forums - View Single Post - Homemade micro planes
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2008, 12:46 AM
micro_builder
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Homemade micro planes

Nice work on the plane, TP13, and welcome to RCU, rcdogfighter13. Like GymalloGuy said, Its good to see young kids like you two getting into the hobby. I got into RC cars and trucks when I was 12 or 13, now 28, but only started RC planes around 4 or 5 years ago. Your generation is lucky, as electric RC planes are so incredibly available and cheap, wish I could've started toying with planes when I was your age.

I like to support the small family run rc shops, but for poor folks like you two (and me!!), unitedhobbies.com is a savior. Lots of product for cheap prices. Shipping can take a while if you go by ground, but the prices are worth it. And as for experience, you cant go wrong with just jumping in and getting your feet wet. My first few planes didnt fly worth a darn, but you cant do anything without learning something, even if you suck at it first I still build pleanty of planes that never go for more than a few feet before meeting the ground! And for the record, I think Neurotex has always been a far better builder than me, I've gotten lucky a few times and managed to produce something worthwhile, but he does it on a regular basis. Working with balsa is nearly a lost art.

Keep saving change, buy some balsa or foam and a 30 dollar plane and build!
Nick (who owns nothing )