RCU Forums - View Single Post - supertiger 2300 glow engine
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2008, 08:40 AM
joetach
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: supertiger 2300 glow engine

For thos who really want to get some great performance from the ST 2300,....Try using a Perry regulating pump, with an OS carb (I`m using a Type 86 from an old OS 61 RFP) with a APC 17X8 prop. Use a Type "F" plug and set the HS NV at 1-3/4 turn out (any more and I guarantee a soaked plug). The enging should easily turn the 17X8 at about 84-8700 rpm (after break in).This is the combo I have on my 120 size Balsanova after much testing, and I couldn`t be happier with it. I have used the 7L, 7M and 7D Carbs getting very good results from all of them. By the way, the stock ST card worked very well also after I changed the barrel to the older type that has the STRAIGHT slot in it. The new type carb barrel has the "dog leg" slot is totally useless unless you run the engine at full throttle ALL the time. The biggest broblem I have found with this particular engine is the lack of muffler pressure with the stock muffler hence the pump. If you set them up right, it will keep up with any comparable in it`s class. The best part is it`s only 150 bucks! If there is anything I can do to help anyone with a new ST engine, I`ll be happy to share my infinite wisdom with you...(NOT!). God Bless and fly safe!

Joe