RCU Forums - View Single Post - Here's A Simple & FREE First Foam Build Plan! (Part 2)
Old 10-20-2008, 08:54 AM
critterhunter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Here's A Simple & FREE First Foam Build Plan! (Part 2)

ORIGINAL: Fisher

Calvino,

A small SO is something I have been toying with for a while and a really large one too. Go for it! I would love to see your new mini-so in action.

critter,

Congratulations on your success. (warning, if you do not want to hear other opinions on transport of game please discontinue reading). While I commend your commitment to waiting for a good shot (which is a lot harder done than said) I might offer that transporting deer or other game animals tied to the roof or hood of your vehicle is exactly the sort of thing that sets off anti hunters and can lead to further restrictions in the future. You and I are in the minority in this country and there is more and more pressure to ban or restrict hunting. If at all possible transporting game in the bed of a truck with a tarp over it may seem to be overkill (sorry for the pun) but helps to improve the image of hunting in the eyes of the ignorant folks eating their cheese burger and saying that hunting is cruel.

Again, Congratulations on your success.

Fisher
Well, I would have much rather used my truck but I've got to get plates for it this week. I had brought a tarp and planned to throw the deer in the back but I decided that risking my sister's wrath (it's her car) was worse than risking upsetting anti-hunters. Besides, the far left never seems to be shy about getting in the face of others with their views...And I'm sick of walking on egg shells not to offend somebody. I think the right needs to grow some b*lls and start voicing their opinions strongly. Nobody seems to want to do that these days. Believe me, I would have much rather put the deer in the bed of my truck if only because it would have been much easier to transport.