RCU Forums - View Single Post - GAS/GLOW HOW TO....
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2008, 10:19 AM
captinjohn

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: GAS/GLOW HOW TO....

ORIGINAL: KI8FR

Capt'n

I can not get the 10/10 super tiger fuel were I live. and I can not get menthanol. But I did find a fuel that all hobby shops have it they deal with gas cars. I do not remember the name of the fuel and it is to late for me to go out in the shop to look at the can. lol. I will get the name and put it on here tomorrow. but the fuel is 10 % caster oil and 10 intro. I had a hard time finding fuel. The can does not have to % of oil so I had to call the fuel maker and ask them. It is relay about 9 1/2 % and it works great. The thing is that it is all caster and not synthetic. There is no synthetic in the oil at all. I did not think it would work as 1st. but I gave it a shot. and it works great. It seems that the engine runs a little cooler with the caster. I do not know but it just seemed that way. It is hard to tell with out a temp gun.

I will tell you the name of the fuel tomorrow. That way you do not have to do so much mixing.

Paul
You are right about finding 10/10 Supertiger fuel in west Mich. No can find at any hobby shop. If you can find Glow fuel with 20% nitro...mix 1 gal of it to one gallon of strait menthanol acohol, which can be found at speed shops. I buy it at DuneLand by Silver lake Sand Dunes. It is good stuff at only $3.75 per gallon. I can make Glow fuel for my smaller regular glow engines just by adding Klotz oil....about 18-20%. No nitro, so you need a high compression engine and a hot Glow plug. Supertigers seem to like low or no nitro fuel. Take Care and watch for a PM. Capt,n