RCU Forums - View Single Post - Need Help Convincing Parents!!
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2008, 08:26 AM
schlags62

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Need Help Convincing Parents!!

ORIGINAL: dwsiedell

they are kind of strict but my dad is interested in the hobby. they want me to save for a car i think. even though i just turned 15 a month ago. i would be paying for my own gas and i don't even have a part-time job because i can't in nebraska until i am 16. i told them i could wait for a car so i could actually have money to pay for gas for it. i told them this would be something to do so i don't just watch tv and video games - keep me hands on and outside. (i want to be a mechanic when i am older anyways)
From experience I can tell you that my father was slow to get into the MT's, he has helis, but since he retired this summer he has gone all out with revos and MGT's. Even though we live 3 hours apart we have gotten closer than ever just from rc's. You are fortunate to live in Lincoln where you have Hobbytown and a track, with Omaha that short distance away with both of those also. I would suggest that maybe you and your father sit down and maybe get a truck together and gain some knowledge and then get a second (one for each) to enjoy together!