RCU Forums - View Single Post - are these blades any good for cp pro?
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2008, 11:13 PM
J-MICHAEL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: are these blades any good for cp pro?

Glenn ~

Yeah the torque tube kit shows the boom that comes with the kit is the same size as the CF boom. (15/16/461 mm) So I see why it shouldn't work... But whew... they do get ya for the $23.00 price... The 450 CF boom is only $11.00 for one. I didn't realize the torque tube kit comes with a metal tail case...Kinda neat... As I the tail case just for the regular belt versin is about $40.00 or so bucks anyway... And the torque tube kit with everything is only $80.00... I think I'am picking one up tomorrow at the LHS. Hopefully they have them in stock still... They just got them in the other day, when I picked up my batts for the 500. I also need to pick up some Deans connectors or a charge lead so I can use them to charge on my charger... I also need to order a usb link that connects to my TP 1010c charger to upgrade the firmware on it. Then it will also allow you to charge either Nicd, Nimhs and update the software on it. Its only $20.00, so its worth it... I don't care for the other battery charging options, as I already have the Duratrax Ice, and the Duratrax Intellepeak (SP) chargers at home for that, and my Accu-Cycle will charge those type of batts also...

The metal pieces are kinda expensive, but they should hold up... I went with Microheli components for the head, and other areas of my 450 and those are spendy ! So I feel like the 500's CNC isn't all to bad. The reason I'am glad I got the 500, as I could just keep dumping massive funds in the 450 but why ? If this thing will help the learning curve, and fly more stable, and still be able to fly in smaller areas like some claim, then I'd rather put the money towards it and save the 450 for a memory...LMAO... I'am really debating on even picking up another 500 maybe this Friday... I would want one as my baby, and one for the basher so to speak... I was hoping Heli-Direct could get the ESP's in stock by then, but not sure... Or maybe I'll just not do that and just concentrate on one for now and beef it up a tad... But then I'll find myself being to careful with it, like my 450 and slowing my learning curve with it... I need to just fly it like I stole it...! And its easier when you don't have a bunch of funds wrapped up into it... Trust me...

Alright, time to go and get organized....

~ Jeff