RCU Forums - View Single Post - SONIC 500
Thread: SONIC 500
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2008, 10:15 PM
Delta3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SONIC 500

Hi freeair,

I am only learning about all this stuff and still working my way through all the mixes that are available. At the moment I have rudder / aileron mixed in but with my radio I can turn this mix off simply by flicking a switch. What I did notice was that the plane would dip slightly when going fast with these settings so I wound the mix back a little. In the end I may dispense with the rudder / alieron mix and replace the rudder with elevator. Am just playing at the moment. As I said my biggest problem is flying anti clockwise but am slowly getting more comfortable with it. (my brain would rather fly the other way.) Maybe we should race both ways to even it out for every one because as I see it would be a better test of all round skills.

Anyway at the height I am flying I have not had a problem yet just slowly creeping up on some faster speeds and a plane that is set up in a way I feel comfortable with. I have a couple of the old "Syds" that I have refurbished as well as the two Sonics so am not short of aircraft. I figure we have all these controls and inputs on our radios that must if used properly help a bit when flying at speed and if we can control them with the "flick of a switch" we should be able to get the most out of both our planes and our radios