RCU Forums - View Single Post - SERVOS
Thread: SERVOS
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2008, 06:30 AM
hbutler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SERVOS

ORIGINAL: djlyon

It's the digital version of the 225. Most of my racers have that servo. It's a good precise servo. Much better than the 225. Just don't let them stall. Like stall right at the end of travel because of control binding. They self destruct very quickly when that happens and they fail without smoke or warning. When I first suggested the 225 for the Scat Cat I assumed you weren't planning on racing it above the 424 level. The 225 s will serve you well at that level and cost a lot less. The 5245s come with only metal gears but the nylon gears for the 225 will work in it. Some guys replace the metal gears with the nylon gears after the metal gears wear out.

Denis
Hello djlyon

Can you elaborate more on what you mean by "stall". I've just lost a 225 and a 5245 while I was doing a travel adjustment. I suspect what you are describing as a stall occurred. Yes you are right the 5245 when first with no indication that it was burning out. So much so that I just figured that I got some CA in the servo some how.(I just had harden balsa in the area with a lot of CA) I then moved on to the 225 and started to do the adjustment and that guy went up in a puff of smoke... In both I was toying with the travel adjustment.

So two questions...

1. Is there a servo with the same dimensions that is less susceptible to burning out when stalling? Or is this something that is all servos are likely to do? This is my first mini servo; I usually use standards.
2. What is the best way to set your travel adjustment without burning up these mini's