RCU Forums - View Single Post - Best .21 motor for truggy
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2008, 10:24 AM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Best .21 motor for truggy

ORIGINAL: slayerphonics

ORIGINAL: 212racing

What do you think would be the best .21 motor for a Jammin X-2 kit?
my Fav right now are the Sirio CL7B STI, and now that I can get them for 200 bucks from a friend who buys 10 at a time for 200 bucks, you can't it, even if I couldn't Id probably buy this motor again at 300 bucks,

For me, its been the most hassel free tire shredding motor, i've been running it for a few month at my track and a few people have went out and bought one since.

But the list of .21s goes like this,

Luck of the draw .21s- (Engines are known to have problems but some people say they run perfect)
GO engines
AXE rossie engines
STS engines
OS V-spec
SH
Picco

-Consistent-
Sirio
Nova
RB

With these engine you get what you pay for most of the time, you'll want to spend 200 to 300 a decent .21 and 250 to 360 for a nice race motor.

A friend of my runs an RB S5 a 229 dollar motor in his X2 and that thing friging rips makes me want to buy an S5

I currently own a engines from every manufacturer on your list ! I agree Sirio tune easy, however the cranks are not the most durable so I would not consider them trouble free IMHO..I have 2 motors with snapped cranks from being over lightened from factory.....So lump them into the list with the others....The closest motors to trouble free are the Nova based engines, unfortunately most of these lack bottom end power and are tuned more for Euro style tracks, i feel the same about the Sirio's powerband as well,,,awesome top ends but lacking in the low end torque i like in a truggy.......Sirio has changed the way they machine the cranks on the newer motors, they no longer lighten them like they used to so crank problem is only a concern if you buy a older silver case CL7B......... So far the only 2 .21's i found with enough low end jam are the OS V-Spec and the PIcco .21's.......pretty much all the current .21's have awesome top end