RCU Forums - View Single Post - RT Models – Mark Turner - rip off
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2008, 06:30 PM
wakeflying

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RT Models – Mark Turner - rip off

I actually met Mark Turner (or whatever his name is) I bought a cl-415 and a Martin Mars. It had been over 3 years and I still never recieved them. Excuse after excuse first there was the fire he said his trailor burned down. Then it was medical visit after medical visit. Then his budy was delivering a trailor up north and he was going to drop off my model. then his trailor broke.
And then he was actually building it and posting pictures on his web sight (I wonder how many people thought that was there model being built) Then I had a trip down to Ocalla to dropped off some passengers. So, I called Mark and told him I was only 5 minutes from his house.I live in Detroit area. Soo, I told him I would just pick up my model done or not. But, can you believe it, he said he sent it out two days ago. But, he said sure come over and see the shop (dirty old trailor) so, my FO and I went over there and wow! I did not want to visit long. But I was surprised his health was not good and his hands , I guess bad arthritis, but what ever I dont know how he built rc airplanes.
I did call the police thanks to whom ever started this thread and they were very surprised that I actually met him. He was very nice and pleasant just how he had always been on the phone.
I am out about 500 bucks and I like the other guy just wanted to burn all my RC stuff because I trusted this A@$ H@$#. And my wife of course new it was a scam the whole time(I TOLD YOU SO). Its been a year and I am starting to get the bug again and I will be recycling bateries for the spring.

By the way I have been burned on another outfit in Florida with rc boats. So, I no longer do business with these small mom and pop garage rc stores. I personally just cant trust them. Take care guys.