RCU Forums - View Single Post - Next Q-500 Plane after a Viper, Is there one?
Old 11-23-2008, 06:53 PM
Electriceddie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Next Q-500 Plane after a Viper, Is there one?

Hi Guys,

I have been flying for quite a while now. I got started in Q-500 back in the days of the Glen Spickler Quickee-500 planes. I bet only a handful of guys remember or know about the Spickler model that started it all – LOL. I decided to get back into racing last year in 2007 and had a good year this past year, in 2008. I have been racing Vipers with TT.40’s on them and they have served me well. I realize that I still need to hone my racing skills on the pylon course itself, but I was wondering what would be the next plane to graduate too. I guess I am looking for a little edge.

I have been looking over the V-Gun, Shot Gun, Neme-Q, Ninja, Slingshot, HurriKane, Seeker, Dawg Gone it and the Mad Dog, I see the cost really varies and the quality does as well. I am not quite up to speed with all of the different composite styles and wing constructions. I am not looking to break the bank either. But is there a plane out there that you more experienced, expert flyers would recommend for my next plane?

I figure that there are 3 components to going faster then the competitor. They may seem very basic, but I think they apply. I could elaborate more on my theory behind each area, but I think you get the basic idea.

1. – Engine Speed - Higher RPM –Engine turns faster, the faster you go!
2. – Plane Design – Better Design – Flies Faster and Flies Better, the faster you go!
3. – Flying Capability – Skills – Better they are, the more competitive you will be, the faster you go!

I am gradually working on all of these areas. At this point this winters project is number 2 - The plane. So if I have not bored everyone to death at this point I would love to hear some suggestions for my next plane.

Thanks in advance for all of your replies.

Ed