RCU Forums - View Single Post - Official XTM Monster MT Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2008, 09:43 AM
fly-r-die

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official XTM Monster MT Thread

On Saturday 11/29/08 I purchased the XTM Monster MT over the Losi Aftershock and found that right out of the box there was an issue with the truck, more specific the transmitter. When I put in the 8 double A batteries and tried to power on the unit, I noticed a strong odor of burnt electronics coming from the TX and the lcd screen failed to come on. In other words, the TX was bad and it was confirmed at my Local Hobby store. Fortunately, he had another transmitter from a used MMT and we just swapped the crystal.

On to the second issue:

I had just started the break in process for the motor and I was getting a feel for the truck and decided to take it over a gentle sloping curb (in other words a low jump) and when it came down in the grass, the left front hub carrier broke. I understand that parts are going to break and expect it to happen, but when a PLASTIC piece is matted to an aluminum part (the steering hub) the piece is going to break. And this is due to the closeness of which the hole formed on the edge of said Hub carrier where the steering hub mounts.

I can see now that this is going to be THE Achilles heel of this truck. And I am sadden to say that my LHS doesn't carry parts for this truck so I now have a 500 dollar 14 pound paper weight, because I can't even finish breaking in the motor.