RCU Forums - View Single Post - 4 stroke t-maxx project
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2008, 06:45 PM
rcnitrohead

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 4 stroke t-maxx project

But Gonzo, have you ground down the crank that you took a picture of have you? It looks just like the regular cranks we use on the Traxxas engines for the E clips at the end of the shaft, I've never seen that on any 4-stroke. Could you link the place where you bought it from?

All assembled, that thing looks bad@$$. I kind of considered buying an RB for the project I'm working on, but many here say the quality makes it a POS even if the will work on a thumper. Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it.

madbrad- For car applications, you would typically have to use a bump box like touring cars do, but he will mostly likely have to use some type of hand held rotary apparatus to spin the flywheel, at least he has easy access. I've been told these engines have super high compression, so you'd need some decent voltage for it, but I'm thinking something powered by a 7.2V battery should suffice for an engine of this size. I'll be using a 540 size on board electric motor to start mine straight from the engine bay, like an EZ starter, just lots bigger.

Tom.