RCU Forums - View Single Post - Radio box questions..2.4? switch? other exciting questions , ha ha
Old 12-07-2008, 04:59 AM
martno1fan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Radio box questions..2.4? switch? other exciting questions , ha ha

I agree with Ron i myself use the futaba fasst system with twin antennas inside the box on my zippkits hydro works great,the lid on the box was a bit flimsy and the tape kept peeling off for some reason.What i did was take some 1/8" clear plexiglass and i cut it same size as the box then i marked out my opening using the orriginal lid as a guide but making the new opening a cpl mm larger all the way round and drilled each corner and cut it out then cleaned it up then i took more plexiglass and cut a lid.Doing this meant i could just glue the surrounding frame to the existing box and if you make the opening a tad bigger all round as i did you can use the rim of the wooden box to hold the lid in place it made the lid much stronger and tape sticks much better to that than it did to the wooden one,i can also see inside the box which gives me piece of mind.For tape i use scotch tape and it seems to work well,i dont have a switch on the lid either its inside the box i just switch her on tape the lid and off she goes.
Mart