RCU Forums - View Single Post - Radio box questions..2.4? switch? other exciting questions , ha ha
Old 12-07-2008, 09:31 PM
dicko

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Radio box questions..2.4? switch? other exciting questions , ha ha

ORIGINAL: foodstick

Yeah it wouldn't be too dificult to make a small fuse hose into an antenna tube..I was wondering how a guy could practically get any antenna out of the box when they are so short...

I managed to get my radio box lid and frame cutout of acrylic , and I am making some wood hooks on each side so I CAN RUBBER BAND THE LID DOWN AFTER TAPING IT, MAYBE ITS NOT NEEDED...BUT ITS SIMPLE INSURANCE ...oops hit cap button

Might see if I can get some more done on the tank mount location, I thought of using my weed blower tank just because it came with the unit and its nice clean and new...but it really doesn't look like it lends itself well to mounting anywhere..And I suppose the lower it sits in the boat the better anyhow...will probaly end up with a generic dubro tank in there...
To get the antenna out of the radio box, velcro the Rx to the lid and drill a small hole next to it to run the antenna out of. This also keeps the Rx above any water that may leak into the radio box.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Cz79699.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	106.9 KB
ID:	1085878