View Single Post
Old 12-08-2008, 11:36 PM
bigtim
My Feedback: (13)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: 1/2a House of Balsa Bonanza V35

ORIGINAL: planebuilder66

Hmmmm,
I have one too, but the first production run, bought it off someone in this forum, I have the FW190 and it flies amazingly well. I always liked the beachcraft so I got one. The one thing to look out for when building the kit is be carefull when painting the plastic top, some ifnot most hobby paints attack the plastic and cause shrinkage, deforming the peice and causing alot of frustration, the same is true with using common bondo fillers on it or around it, the plastic will get attacked and shrink and the crack your trying to fill will keep coming back. I have a norvel .074 in the FW190, I'm thinking of using a .061 ap in the bonanza or a norvel .061 if I can find one in good condition.
I just bought the HOB FW190, it looks like a nice little kit what did you end up covering it with,I am torn between plain old monocoat iron on covering or silkspan and paint, I was thinking of going electric so I can fly it in the local park with my kids this is the smallest RC plane I will have built in many years but I know "light is right" so I will try too build it as lean as possable.

my kit also comes with the P-47 plans on the other side is this the usuall thing with the HOB kits a nice selling point "if you like this model try this other one"