RCU Forums - View Single Post - elevon...what the??
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2003, 12:16 AM
linclogs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default elevon...what the??

Gee, John, I certainly didn't mean to upset you. But I still (sometimes) use the DuBro mixer even today! Perhaps it was because I learned to fly radio control in the early 60's using compound escapements. We didn't have fancy computer radios in those days. If you wanted your model to do fancy manuevers you had to learn to do them all by yourself. But I know you already know that as you stated you also flew in the early 60's. So even the atiquated DuBro mixer seemed like a blessing to me. Don't misunderstand me - I have a radio with the fancy stuff, too. And you are certainly correct about the DuBro mixer being way too big for the park flyers. However the original question didn't make it clear that's what he was talking about. I made an incorrect assumption he may have been asking for an inexpensive way around his dilemma.

Boy, I'm sure glad some of the planes I'm flying don't realize they're being flown with old and impractical equipment! They might revolt and refuse to fly!

Hey John, I'm just funnin' with ya! I definitely think one should start out with the most modern equipment they can afford.