RCU Forums - View Single Post - what did/do you want to be when you grow up?
Old 12-16-2008, 06:58 PM
DaveG55

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: what did/do you want to be when you grow up?

Well, I gotta tell you, what you WANT to be and what you end up BEING are often very different things. I wanted to design electronics. Studied for it even. Then found out it bored me to tears. So I used that knowledge to repair electronic equipment and worked into managing a retail electronic chain. When that went away I got into manufacturing. Then I got into construction and opened my pwn buisness. Ran that until I sold it and went to work for the people who bought it. They ran it into the ground and now I'm studying for my, what, fourth or fifth career?? Medical field this time, starting as a radiographer with the intent to end up being an RA.
So the moral is, Ya just never know what you'll "be when you grow up".

Oh, one last thing
If you turn your hobby into work then that's exactly what it will be, WORK. I guarentee that 90% of the people who turn a hobby into work no longer enjoy the hobby as such.
One of the things I love is boating and jet skies. I actually got very good at working on pwc's. So much so that people were bringing their stuff to me. It got so bad that I hated even putting mine in the water when we went to the lake house. I quit working on them but still don't put mine in the water as much as I used to.