RCU Forums - View Single Post - Build Board
Thread: Build Board
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2008, 11:24 PM
Hossfly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Build Board

Right on proffcharlie. To add a couple cents to that i find if one searches for the folding doors made for closets, one can usuall get 4 doors for almost the price of one. Remove all the hardware. Then apply the ceiling tiles using carpet double sided tape along with a FEW wide head ceiling nails. Lay white shelf paper, or white with blue lines, over the ceiling tile. Draw a bunch of straight lines or whatever suits your fancy, then cover with clear shelf paper. These will last for years with just a little care. Most cuts are self sealing. When you feel the need, rip off the paper and redo it all. Don't forget the 99 cent stores when searching for these shelf papers. BTW they are now 99.9 cents. [X(]
Having several boards gives one several options. Building a wing panel, placing it away, while building something else, or whatever you need. I usually have several projects going, a new one, and a couple in for general maintenance or "overhaul" so I keep several busy.
For the a couple summers when I journey north, I have thrown one board in the truck along with a selection of tools, and out on the porch during the mid days using a couple saw horses I framed up these two machines.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us53065.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	87.1 KB
ID:	1092416   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kf14694.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	14.7 KB
ID:	1092417   Click image for larger version

Name:	Di98534.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	141.1 KB