RCU Forums - View Single Post - Top Flite F4U Corsair Gold Giant Scale Project
Old 12-23-2008, 04:21 AM
Floopy1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Top Flite F4U Corsair Gold Giant Scale Project

Hello, all, and greetings from the bowels of busyness!

First of all, I want to thank Mark and Tom for expressing concern over my apparent lack of presence these last few weeks. I assure you that my absence is purely career-oriented. My company has scheduled me for a marathon of activity over the past and next few weeks, and so, reluctantly and depressingly, I had to put the Corsair on hold for a while. It's too bad that the material is so delicate or else I would be packing bundles of balsa and CA in my luggage (in no more than 3.4-ounce bottles to please the TSA), and have this thing built in no time.

During one precious day off in Atlanta, I found the time to go flying and managed to smack my Yak nose-first into a light pole... the only obstacle taller than four feet within about one square mile. How's that for aim? I don't think I could do that again if I tried. And don't think my confidence wasn't shaken to its absolute limits at the prospect of flying the Corsair some day in the vicinity of that very pole. I named it "Monokote Tower," after having wrapped it in its namesake. (That was, of course, after I suggested a few other more colorful monikers.)

But in the aftermath of my colossal blunder and altimetric miscalculation, I decided to move on in life and seek mental recovery from this catastrophe. And the vehicle to take me on that road is the Hobby Lobby Super Dimona 2400 Powered Glider (*gulp*) ARF.

Yeah, that's right. I said ARF. Shoot me.

I need something to give me closure from the Yak incident, and this is it. It needs some modification, but I got it in the mail a few days ago, and it's really purdy.

Okay, I need to get some sleep. Look for Corsair progress and the new Dimona pics in my next post. Until then, bye for now!

Click here to see the latest recruit for the armada:
[link]http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=541240&[/link]

-Floop