RCU Forums - View Single Post - BIG LAMA
Thread: BIG LAMA
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2008, 09:06 PM
pgroom_68

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: BIG LAMA

ORIGINAL: DumbDawg

Also the Lama's are not great teachers... about the only thing the Lama is really good for in teaching is orientation... thats about it... DON'T think it will teach you stick movements because if you fly a collective heli like the EXI or K2 then the sticks will move very differently... It may be a stable platform for a camera for someone not interested in learning to fly but the EXI is a smooth stable platform too.. just takes a bit of fly'n skills and ur away...
Dumbdawg,
I have my Xtreme motors ready to go into it (putting the cart before the horse?). I don't need this to teach me to fly, I already have two DF#4s & two #36s that daily try to do that!!
I couldn't honestly say that I can fly a FP or CP smoothly & precisely enough AND get good outdoor footage with a camera attached. [There I've said it] MAYBE I NEED MORE PRACTICE!! That is all I am thinking I would get one for. Just have to find someone that has bought one willing to type just how stable or otherwise...and how much lift it generates...then I would feel better about taking the plunge & ordering one (probably from Xheli at Boxing Day Sale time). So I know a little of what not to expect I hope![sm=shades_smile.gif]

Peter
Happy holidays all![sm=49_49.gif]