RCU Forums - View Single Post - World Models P-51D Mustang "EP" 49 Inch Wing Span
Old 12-31-2008, 03:46 PM
guapoman2000

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: World Models P-51D Mustang "EP" 49 Inch Wing Span

Okay,

Took off the Battery hatch off and with a small philips Screw driver, I went ahead and tightened those two securing "Hold Down" screws on the Retract Hitec HS-85BB servo on my World Models P-51D "EP 40" Mustang and before flying her early this morning, I activated the retracts and they all worked flawlessly. I did not need to take off the wing assembly!!!
The reason they got lose was because I used those tiny square Rubber isolators and with the vibration and hard landings they did their job!!

So, took the model over to the local Middle School with a large Oval 440 Track and she lifted of like a home sick Dove Flew the model for about 7 minutes and landed her on the soft grass in the middle of the Oval Track and she kissed the blades and did not nose over!!! Perfect landing.

Hey, what you guys think of my replacing the Pilot of my World Models P-51D Mustang with one that comes with my PARK ZONE F4U Corsair? It looks to me that the pilot in the Corsair looks pretty good for the Mustang, what you guys think?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ur52268.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	104.0 KB
ID:	1100293