View Single Post
Old 01-02-2009, 03:49 PM
landeck
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Great Planes Escapade .40 ARF

Hey Landeck, when you get yours, how about checking the underside of the wing halves. The picture on the box shows two stripes on the underside of each wing half. Mine has one solid white wing bottom half and the other has the two stripes (red and orange I think). Might be by design, and not a deal breaker by any means, but I was just curious.
The Escapade just arrived and like yours has the underside of one wing all white and the other white with two stripes. That is fine by me. The plane looks very well done - the monocote is tight everywhere and the parts all look fine except for the cabin/cockpit. Mine leaves a gap at the back and the magnets do not latch with the metal inserts. I am going to have work on an alternate locking system. Over all it is a great value for $99. This is the second GP ARF I have bought (the first was the Cherokee) and both are great. The Cherokee is one of the best flying planes I have had in over 35 years of flying RC. The best is an Ultra Sport 40 I built in 1990 and still have today. It will be interesting to see how the Escapade compares to the US in the air.

Bruce