RCU Forums - View Single Post - PiccoZ Micro R/C heli
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2009, 03:44 PM
Teenage Pilot 14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: PiccoZ Micro R/C heli

Eh, I'll give it a few days before I go chopping into it, I guess[8D] Rest assured, it will happen eventually!

I removed ALL the unsightly paper stuff from the tail so it was just the bare sticks then I made a new, bigger tail fin out of clear tape. It helps with spinning issues really well. I also used a piece of tape folded of on the tail boom and angled to take advantage of the rotor wash and make the tail motor's job easier. It has a noticeable effect. For nose weight I used a small brass nut from one of the stick potentiometers from an old DF#4 tx. Creative license.... Anyway, I hot glued it on and it flies perfectly, with just enough forward speed to be non-boring but not enough to make flying scary. My wall charger charges the heli in about 5 minutes or so. I'm not sure what the charge rate is because the sticker on the charger fell off during a particularly hot charging session on the original heli. The sticky simply stopped working

I also discovered a whole new side of my Mosquito by using a PicooZ (name change has been noted) tail rotor. Crazy response, so much as to make the rotors hit each other in flight with full forward input[X(] If my brother could fly better (it's true- he can't even fly a PicooZ) we could have full-contact dogfights. The outcome would be interesting considering the Picoo is smaller but the Mosquito is easier to throw off (takes less force to screw it up AND it doesn't recover nearly as easy.)

Cobalt- What's the bead mod? I have SOOOO much learning to do. I'm way behind on micros in general and totally new to the PicooZ/Havoc[X(]