RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Puppy....
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2009, 10:07 PM
MadManAndrew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Puppy....

ORIGINAL: madmax22

cool dog! My friend just got a puppy to (bout a year ago) and it got FAT!!!!!!!!!! no offence but the thing is huge! 85lbs for a yellow lab?? ouch! I have a black lab (got her at 8 months) she is going to be 10 years old and we just took to the vet and shes at 64lbs, the vet said she is "ripped" for her age. Just starting to get white "fuzz" under her chin. When we were training her, the first thing i think you need to teach it is SIT and to cry or paw at the door when it has to go to the bathroom. Its good to try and keep it around other dogs when its a puppy so when you are jogging in the park and it sees another dog it doesnt flip. Also the sit and stay trick is also good. Good luck, remember not to spoil it or it will get rotten and hate everything but you, DONT OVERFEED IT!!!!!
A healthy full-bred lab should be upper 70's to lower 100's depending on his genes. I had a very muscular black lab that weighed about 89. He was awesome, but got put down by the pound when he got out of our yard...The lab I got now is lab/border collie and she is about 47lbs. If your lab is only 64, put some weight on it...