RCU Forums - View Single Post - my motor wont run
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2009, 10:04 AM
shd3920

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: my motor wont run

ORIGINAL: slickscustoms

he guys whats up! im trying to get back into flying after 15 years off. i have a k&b .40 in my trainer that i'm trying to get running. sometimes it will crank and sometimes it wont. if it does crank it will be right before the battery in my glow plug igniter dies. when it is running it is running so rich that it will foul the plug. ive taken the carb and head off and cleaned both and adjusted the needle where it should be but its still acting stupid! any other suggestions?? thanks!!
That is why I am switching my planes to electric. I have two engines that started fine for me in the beginning, then both suddenly wouldn't start, exactly as yours is acting. Too coincidental to be glow plugs. I am thinking it was the fuel. I looked at the fuel can and saw it stated 'helicopter'. My LHS just wanted to make the $$$ I guess so he said it was fine. Glow is just too tricky to figure out, took a whole summer away from me learning the flying basics, aside from the fact that I don't know engines and prob wouldn't figure out the correct idle. Like I said, easier to convert my planes to electric.