Old 01-21-2009, 02:58 PM
srt10
My Feedback: (20)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: King Motors Baja Review with pictures

ORIGINAL: beckiesbajas

ORIGINAL: lords

if of course the engine was a CY and not a knock off engine in most clones
I think beckiesbajas should know the time line for them 1 piece knock off engines

the km engines are not cy and never have been cy engines and will never be cy enigines

the km engines do not have chung yang in the head covers

well over 6 months ago the engines changed, it was hard to tell as they where mixed with cy clone and the one bit crank case clones.

and it depends of where you brought them from and how old the stock is so its hard to give and proper date and time and km never mentioned they changes and for a while said they never changed.

some guys have been having alot of trouble fitting 28.5cc (gp290 heads kits) to the new clone engine in the km.

i personaly have not bother with selling, buying any kms since, as with my own eyes if seent he new engines fly to bits in less then one tank, ive had them fly to bits after 3 tanks and had a few last upto 15 tanks running ritch, but i have heard of guys runnign them longer.

most failed due to bearing failure and parts breaking of the heads, and the carbs on the engines i have personaly tested, i could adjust the hi speed needle 1 turn either way and it would mark not difrence to the cars running lols.

not to mention airleaks, i will say the new engine has more power, but thats about it, and to get the most power out of them you need to strip them down and pull the gaskit goo out of them and regaskit and bearing them.

im sorry but ive got nothing good to say about the new engines, but the engines i have pulled down, put new gaskits shorter carb bolts new bearings and ajusted the engines squish go blody hard core, but the carbs lack tuniblity, my mates is done over 10 tanks and is now starting to loose power do the the bore being scratched up.

so in my personal opinion, the ned a new carb so a 668 carb 45 usd and a head kit is 75 usd so a 120 usd, but you still have a dodgy crank case dodgy crank bearings and seals and crank.

so if your going to to head kit an engine you need new crank gaskit, new crank bearings, new crank seals and a new head kit, and to get the most out of the more powerful head kit, you might as well thro away the km dodgy carb and your upto 140 usd

so if you going to spend 140 usd on head kitting a crap clone motor why not take my advise and scrap the km engine and buy a complete new cy engine ?

i will not recomend any one to an an upgrade head kit and not replace bearings or atlest gaskits and oils seals on the crank.

Thank's for the great info!
I'm one of the so called "Due to the Economy Lay Offs"
So I went with a 27cc Head kit from DDM and Copper Head Gasket.. 50 bucks..
I'll run it for a while and let you all know how it does.. My stock KM went 38.3mph on my GPS during the 2nd tank and then the motor came apart on the 3rd tank..
I live at 4990ft elevation, so I think the 38.3mph is not to bad..
Who knows, maybe into the second tank with this head kit I might just go get the g290..

Thanks again for every ones help on this thread..