RCU Forums - View Single Post - redcat buggy/ truck
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2009, 10:27 AM
clubin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: redcat buggy/ truck

ORIGINAL: speedy.d

i boil everything plastic on every car ive got. why do people call the redcat a clone? i had an fs most mcd parts fit it. the redcat may look like an mcd but it doesnt use near as many mcd parts as the fs does. ive also heard that the chinese company that makes these does so at a higher quality than the fs. and the suuspension is completely different. one of the fs guys said "he is going from one clone to another".from what i have seen the redcat is much more origanal than the km bajasand the fs cars. one thig the fs guy dont realize is that their "30cc" enbines do not add up to 30cc. an fs 30cc piston will fall into a cy 28.5 head,and the crank is no longer than my cy , so who knows how big they rerally are.all iknow is that with anything more than a stock fs motor they will disassemble themselves
We have had this discusson on another forum, the redcat is not realy a clone of anything. There are some simularities between the redcat and a couple other manufacturers, but there are only 2 interchangable parts between the Redcat and MCD 2 one is driveshafts and the other is the ABCD gears. I suppose you look at making a shaft drive 4wd model, how many ways can you do it? Shaft and belt.