View Single Post
Old 01-25-2009, 03:30 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: My alpha 40's engine?

seahwk95,
Correct, I am reviewing this plane for RCU. I started the assembly yesterday afternoon and should have it finished up tonight. It takes me extra time to assemble a plane as I have to stop and take pictures of it for my review. So you can judge for yourself how quickly this could go together. A weekend is definitely more than enought time to get it ready to fly. I honestly believe that you can get this plane together faster than you can charge the batteries to fly (15-16 hours). Great Planes has really done a great job to make this plane a real ARF, meaning there is very little work to be done on it. All control surfaces are pre-hinged, and the elevator and rudder even have the control horns pre-mounted. The engine mount is already mounted as well.

Unfortunately I may not get to fly it anytime soon. We are expecting an ice storm this week and the weather for next weekend is definitely looking "iffy" for flying. That's alright, I have 2 more review planes to get started on to take up the time!!!!

Ken