RCU Forums - View Single Post - Sepulveda Basin
Thread: Sepulveda Basin
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2003, 05:50 PM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: Sepulveda Basin

hey BB The one really socially redemining point about the 'Basin' is they still maintain those wonderfull Ukie circles behind and along side the pits instead of a quarter mile away in the middle of Woodley like they were at the old site.

Seriously no body is putting down the Basin but we were just comparing some of the attributes of different kinds of sites. Here in the wilds of northern Arizona we have a wonderfull site two runways up to 700x100 unlimited overruns, unlimited space (don,t really have to land on the runways) no noise problems and a permanent 608 foot pylon course that can be used at any time however as you pointed out not a lot of activity beside myself and a few others and yes the social factor is indeed very much a part of the sport.

I have been invited to attend several nite flys at the "Porti Potti" field in Sylmar and also find this a very nice field in that area of an entirely different character. Not necessarily better just different and those differences make the world go around.

By the way how did the pylon races go last weekend? I am amazed at each race the club is able shut the field down for a day and a half! There is a Racing God after all.

John