View Single Post
Old 01-27-2009, 05:52 AM
yaleforscale
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Building an RC Bike from a toy

ORIGINAL: drewpyfz6

ORIGINAL: yaleforscale

looking good drew , these motors can be overvolted with no problems . that speedo looks the same as the mtronicks , if so they can take a 9.6 input voltage . that should speed things up a little , these toy grade normally have plastic bushings if you can replace them with steel roller bearings the drive train will withstand a lot more abuse . . i know this from experience, ...i have done the same thing to toy grade newbright trucks , .you might want to try this guy for bearings very good service , if you dont see what you want email him . and he will do his best to help . cheers bro ....[link]http://www.rcbearings.co.uk/[/link]....
Hi mate,
You are spot on - it is the mtronicks speed controller. Was going to try using 7.2v first, so I can use other batteries that I already have.
But do have 3 of the 9.6v standard ones that came with the model (the Gaupner motor is rated at 7.2v).

Just waiting for the motor pinions to arrive, then can get some soldering done and start to test things.

I am also going to weight the rider with wheel weights, should help with direction changes.

What power servo do the riders usually have?
I have a couple of 9g aircraft ones, wondered if these would be Strong enough, or should I use car steering servo's?
i dont think you need a powerfull servo for this drew a standerd should do the job , i see no reaso why you carn,t use the aircraft servo good work bro .