RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Kyosho 1/10 4WD DST/DBX
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2009, 11:50 AM
Spiro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Kyosho 1/10 4WD Truggy ' DST '

Yeah, I was SHOCKED how much of a difference it made. I had been reading some random engine tuning tips trying to figure out why I was having such strange issues with this particular engine. One of these guides mentioned how the engine really has to be sealed up tight and the front bearing is a possible point of leaking, which would cause all sorts of tuning issues. Well I knew the front bearing leaked like mad, so I figured why not? Now it seems to tune more or less normally.

I still have more bottom end bog off the line than I am used to with other engines. Not sure what the deal is there. The mid range needle seems to have very little effect, where usually I am used to a strong and predictable feedback from the midrange needle. I suspect the clutch is just engaging too early and the engine is operating at too low of an RPM to make much power. I tried shortening the clutch spring a bit, but the problem is still there. I will probably make a larger change with the clutch spring and see what happens. All suggestions welcome!

Spiro