RCU Forums - View Single Post - vintage RC 10
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2009, 03:58 PM
Barber420
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: vintage RC 10

Yeah, the Edingers were different colors. Not a lot different, but a noticeable difference. As you've discovered, it is a 6 gear in that car. Finding new WHITE parts is VERY time consuming. Associated hasn't made the white parts in probably 15 years or so. I've spent a lot of time on ebay over the past several months collecting white parts for both the RC10 and original 10T. They are going for fairly cheap prices right now and it's a good time to buy. The economy has rendered parts that used to be $50 down to about $10-20. It's great for me, but sucks for those selling. I buy both NIP(New in package) and good condition used parts for my collection. You can reanodize chassis' so they look like brand new, but if yours only has one scratch I wouldn't mess with it. Whether or not you drive it is kind of a tough call. It looks to be in VERY good shape by the pics, so it's probably not worth driving and beating up, but if you want to drive it I guarantee you'll enjoy it. So, I guess it's off to ebay for you over the next few months.

P.S. - What motor is in it. Their are two originals for that car, maybe even three. Their is the motor that has Associated written on it and it's blue and silver, their was the Slot Machine, and I think their was a different one that came in the VERY ORIGINALS, but those are so rare I can't even remember what it was. As for the ESC, no yours is not original. Originally they had MSC's and the battery tray sat transversed(sideways) in the chassis.