RCU Forums - View Single Post - Top Flite F4U Corsair Gold Giant Scale Project
Old 02-03-2009, 01:47 AM
iiiat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Top Flite F4U Corsair Gold Giant Scale Project

Dude! That'll fly! Looking excellent! Glad to see you're back at it. And no need to apologize for taking a little time off. That's how it goes for most of us. Take your sweet time.

Bad time to stop sniffing glue? Lloyd Bridges, "Airplane". Of course!

Hitting poles? I've done it 3-TIMES at 3 different fields! 1st time was maiden flight of my first plane. I never saw that sapling until my plane suddenly cartwheeled into the ground on final approach. Total flying time, 35 seconds. 2nd time, I painstakingly built my first warbird, a 72" Hellcat. On maiden flight, raised the gear and both main wheels fell off. Forgot that little detail about tightening the set screws on the collets. Sheesh. Was attempting a wheels up landing in the grass, and was so intensely focused on the plane that I never saw the pole we leave in the field to mark the spot where we place our racing pylons. Cartwheel... yadda yadda yadda. Actually only resulted in a big gash in the right hand leading edge. Repaired. 3rd time, my little brother was up for a visit. Took him to a school parking lot to show off with a 3-D electric. Was throwing it all over the place. This time, I could clearly see the light pole I hit. Totally misjudged distance. Airframe is a write off.

Tom

ps: your writing is very entertaining! LOL Looking forward to the next installment.