RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hunter Twin Build
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2009, 10:18 AM
5150Cat

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Hunter Twin Build

I had a feeling that trying to cool the top of the drive might be a little much now that I look at them closer. I agree that with the work it would take to make it happen it would produce very minimal results at best. So I'm scratching that idea.

Matt, what was Googly running in his Hunter? Didn't he have the S6's and some twin setup? I can't remember what he was running to be honest. I've been reading that guys have been fighting some with the Hunter to get it balanced right.

For the simplicity I'd like to stick with the one inline twin. I've thought about getting rid of the gearbox and such. I'm curious what the speed difference would be running two singles vs one twin. It just seems easier to do one engine vs two for the linkage and such as well as balance and lower CG in the hull......but maybe it's not that big of a deal either.

I have two of the drives coming with a gearbox. Got a smoking deal on the package I couldn't turn down. I pretty much bought the drives and got the gearbox as an added bonus......

But I certainly wouldn't be against running twin singles vs the inline. Might have to head that route instead.

Mike