RCU Forums - View Single Post - Everything Radial Engines
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2009, 05:45 PM
Cybertom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Everything Radial Engines

ElectRick,

I know what you are saying. I don't think I was saying that they won't be of good quality just because they are being made in India. I hope that none of us here are judging the quality of work "solely on the basis of ethnic background". I said:

The radials manufactured in India will have to prove themselves.
I stand by what I said. Porsche, Mercedes, and Seidel all have a reputation for quality that was well earned. I don't think I'm going too far by saying that German goods in general have earned an excellent reputation for quality worldwide. India has yet to prove that it can manufacture goods to the same quality standard as Germany. I don’t automatically bestow excellence on anyone because I think excellence is difficult to achieve.

One thing you must admit is that developing industrial nations such as China or India have a significant portion of the population that is relatively unskilled. That is no slam that is simply reality. Typically that translates into "cheap labor". Do you think that the elite individuals you met who were given the opportunity to travel overseas are representative of all Indians? Time will tell.