RCU Forums - View Single Post - New JetJoe J-Junior 4lbs turbine
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2009, 12:54 PM
SpiderJets

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New JetJoe J-Junior 4lbs turbine

I have seen the workshop of Martin Lambert while they were assembling Kolibris.
I am very impressed about their artwork and their extreme care for detail and precision.
No doubt, he has gone a very long way to achieve this kind of perfection and took a long in-depth learning curve.
He is still continuously improving his motors and updates the supplied ones all the time with better parts, even without asking.
My three Kolibris have each one totally different ECU parameters, and I see this as a proof they are delicate to make like Swiss watches and that Martin Lambert is restless in trying to find the best parameters for each single Kolibri.
The tolerances are incredible too ; at the beginning he was so picky on the tolerances of his ceramic ball bearings that he made his own, until he found someone who could make them according to HIS specs.
They are welding stainless steel tubes of 0,8 mm as injector needles, this alone is a fantastic achievement.
Now another company seems to bluntly copy and sell the result of his technology ?
No thanks, I bought copy Rolex watches in Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam) too for 25 US$ and am always happy if they run for one complete year.
But a turbine copy running at 240.000 RPM and with these kind of nano tolerances ? No thanks, not even for a price of 500 $ I want to be JetJoe's experimental pig taking dangerous risks (until the moment I need service or feedback from somebody who truly understands what he actually made). I prefer to pay the full price and get the superb and instant service from Lambert plus a jewel of a reliable little turbine rather than taking the risk I end up completely frustrated with a piece of junk. In such case, even a "low" 500$ would be 500$ too much.
Until now, it is hard to beat the kind of fun I had with the Kolibris and I do not want to change that pleasure and total reliability feeling, flight after flight.

Nicolas.