RCU Forums - View Single Post - BuckShot Quickie 25 Build
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2009, 12:26 PM
BobHH
My Feedback: (18)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default BuckShot Quickie 25 Build

Well guys I’ve had quite a bit of request for info on the BuckShot and seeing how most of the inquiries asked about its construction, I have been persuaded to do a built thread on her. So here goes. Feel free to chip in any comments or recommendations.

The BuckShot was designed to be an intro into Quickie 500 racing scene. It was specifically designed for the Quickie 25 class whereas the airframe would meet the AMA requirements for 424/428 but run the Quickie 25 class with the OS .25FX and minimum weight of 3-1/4 lbs. Every BuckShot that has been built that I know of has had weight added to meet the minimum.

She is quite tough and has been battle tested. I hit a pole with my first one and even though she was out for the race she could have been repaired. She is quite robust in the tail section (unlike the Vipers!) as attested by Vicman’s attempt to park his with one of the “V” tail fins stuck in the runway. He suffered no damage at all!!![sm=spinnyeyes.gif]

The design and construction of the BuckShot leans more toward the first time racer with all laser cut tab lock construction. The fuselage has virtually a flat bottom where it can be assembled on a flat surface insuring a straight and flat unit. There are 2 different tail configurations that can be built either standard tail or “V” tail. I’ve been working on a “T” tail version with Vicman but the first prototype has some linkage issues so the design is being changed.

The BuckShot also is available with either built up wing for those who are not comfortable with foam wings and the standard sheeted foam wing version.

I’ve found that many people have their own choice of hardware they want to use so the kits are supplied with no hardware or landing gear. We do list on the plans part numbers and manufactures of hardware that has been used successfully.

The foam wing version does not come with wing sheeting. Most people like to hand select their wing sheeting alone with leading edge material. So to keep cost down we have not supplied it in the foam version kit.

The kit comes with full size CAD plans and an assembly manual with pictures. So here we go!!!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge96597.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	122.1 KB
ID:	1137079   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ni23597.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	105.1 KB
ID:	1137080   Click image for larger version

Name:	Om33309.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	145.5 KB