RCU Forums - View Single Post - Great Planes Escapade .40 ARF
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2009, 10:29 PM
NorfolkSouthern

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Great Planes Escapade .40 ARF

ORIGINAL: lowwinds

Well i flew mine today. O.S. 46 ax in it . At half throttle it was moving along nicely so i kicked it up to wide open. 3 seconds later the wing ripped off by the front mount and plane torpedoed into the runway at full speed. My opinion you get what you pay for. Cheap price and cheaply built . Lasted only 1 flight.
I flew my Great Planes Rapture 40 all last Summer with a .46 AX, many times (or most of the time, perhaps) wide open. It cartwheeled on two occasions, but that was due to airspeed and crosswind landing errors. The first time, I had to rebuild the wing. The second, it just ripped some of the covering. No damage to the fuse. I never had a problem with flutter, and one guy at the field commented positively on how well it held up in a violent snap: It kept right on going. Flew it for the rest of the day. Then I flew it for the next day. And now it's getting some new covering for the next season. I guess I'm starting to sound like Stickbuilder. You definitely get what you pay for, both in time and money. I think I'm gonna name it "Old Ironsides".

NorfolkSouthern